What is Vietnam Visa on Arrival?
Vietnam Visa on Arrival is a way of getting a valid visa to Vietnam, in which the applicants will need to get a visa approval letter online beforehand and pick up full visa at Vietnam international airport upon arrival.
Is Vietnam Visa on Arrival legitimate? YES – is the short answer
- Issuing authority: Vietnam Immigration Department – a Government’s authority
- Legal basis:
- Ordinance on entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam
- Government’s Decree No. 21/2001/ND-CP
- Joint Circular No. 04/2002/TTLT/BCA-BNG
How to apply?
01. Submit Application
Take 5 minutes to fill out the form online
with minimum required information:
- Full name – The same as in passport
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Date of arrival
- Type of Visa
02. Get Approval Letter via Email
After 2 working days (normal service); YOU WILL:
- Get visa approval letter via email (attached with Vietnamese visa application form)
After that, you need to:
- Print out the letter and the form,
- Fill out the Vietnamese visa application form,
- Prepare 2 passport-sized photos 4x6cm and cash for stamping fee,
- Put all above mentioned things along with your passport in a package,
- then show them to Immigration officer at Vietnam arrival airports.
03. Get Visa Stamped at Arrival
Upon landing, head to the Landing VISA (VOA) Counter, present the following:
- Your passport, Visa approval letter
- 2 Passport-sized photos
- Vietnamese visa application form, and
- Stamping fee
to the Immigration Officer to get VISA stamped onto your passport.
Frequently asked questions
It does not matter at all.
As the Visa approval letter (to pick up visa on arrival) works at all 5 international airports of Vietnam (Noi Bai in Hanoi, Cat Bi in Hai Phong, Da Nang in Da Nang, Cam Ranh in Khanh Hoa and Tan Son Nhat in Ho Chi Minh City), you can switch your arrival among those airports and get the visa stamped without problems.
It does not matter at all. In case you are still not sure about your travel dates, you can provide planned ones when you fill in online VOA Vietnam application form.
But please be kindly informed that you can enter Vietnam later than your provided arrival date but cannot enter sooner, so, please carefully consider before putting your dates into the form.
No. When using Vietnam visa on arrival (or VOA Vietnam), you have nothing to work with the Vietnam embassy regarding your visa for Vietnam.
After getting the visa approval letter via email, you only need to print it out together with the attached Vietnamese visa application form (formerly known as Entry and Exit Form) and then get the visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport by showing these forms, original passport, photos and paying for stamping fee there.
No. You do not need to provide any document to apply online for the Vietnam visa approval letter, you only need to provide your information, including:
- Your contact details (name, email and possibly phone number);
- Your travel dates;
- Applicant’s information (full name, passport number, gender, nationality, date of birth and passport expiry date).
Yes. There is two very important remarks for all those using Visa On Arrival to Vietnam (or VOA Vietnam).
First of all, unlike visa on arrival to Cambodia or Laos which can be obtained right at the entry border gate by completing a form there, Vietnam visa on arrival requires travelers to obtain a visa approval letter beforehand to get visa stamped at Vietnam arrival airport.
The second important remark for visa on arrival for Vietnam is that it is only for those traveling to Vietnam by air through any of the 5 international airports in Hanoi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Nha Trang and Ho Chi Minh City.
As this kind of VOA Vietnam is for those traveling to Vietnam by air only, you only can use it when you are traveling to Vietnam by air.
Gstourist.com is neither a Government website nor affiliated with the Vietnam embassy. We are a commercial website providing Vietnam visa service. Please note that, we do charge service fee to take care of & chase down the visa procedure on your behalf from the Vietnam Immigration to get your visa approval letter for your visa then
send it to your email.